So Easy

I tried not to see…how it was all about you

I tried not to hear…your words, that ignored me too

I tried not to feel…abandoned by all of your love

I tried not to think…you could make my life so tough

 

But you, You: just carry on

You…ignored me, your other son

But you, make it so easy to

Believe….you’d dismiss me

 

I tried not to know…that you could leave me all alone

I tried not to fear…that abandonment was always your tone

I tried not to run…away from all the distaste

I tried not to think…that to you, I was only a waste

 

But you, You: just carry on

You…ignored me, your other son

But you, you make it so easy to

Believe…you’d dismiss me

 

Now I see…that your life is full of disease

Now I hear…that “love” to you is only a tease

Now I feel…empowered by your rigid rejection

Now I think…that I was never your son

 

I’m glad…that you just carry on

I’m glad…you ignored me your other son

I’m glad…you make it so easy to

Believe you’d dismiss me

I’m free of rejection

I’m free of the lies

I’m free of the superficiality

I’m free of the burden of your love

No comments:

Post a Comment