Lethe



Awoken to a start
Reminded of the plot
To blur the line between
The soul that I forgot



Climb the obstacle
Maintain triangular form
But the grips disappear
The unbroken path torn


Was that a smile
A spark in your eye
Too much to want
Or another beautiful lie

I stand outside of myself
And you have the things that I need
But we have different thoughts at this time
How life can be so compulsory

Strain to stretch
Grasp the point of contact
Start to loose my touch
Is this all just artifact

What happened to my center
Impeccable sense of balance
Like a cloud, solid in sight
But of such little substance

What is real
No totem, memory
Which is dream
No sound in my scream

I softly call out to you
But you have already left this place
So we never had anything dear
And you have now forgotten me

The river flows past my feet
Why are my memories so dim
I have but one desire
And that's to dive right back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment