Higher

I remember my little boy
Smiling back, face full of joy
I remember the games we did
And the joy that we would share as one
I’d toss him up and catch him then
I’d watch his face light up again
I’d watch his laughing eyes and
As he would say to me “Daddy please…”

“Please toss me higher
Daddy can you please?
Higher, never high enough for me
Higher, Daddy please.
Cause when I’m higher
I feel the love you have for me.”


I remember the swing that we had
In the backyard we would play
I’d pull him back and hear his laugh and start his sway
The joy he felt I can’t forget
Back and forth, no regrets
Swinging to and fro,
I can hear his voice again "Daddy Please"

“Please push me higher
Daddy won’t you please?
Higher, never high enough for me.
Push me higher
Daddy please.
When I’m higher
I feel the love you have for me.”


These times I feel again
In this bed where I will end
I see his face in light and joy comes back to me
He’s here with me in the end
My little boy, my greatest friend
I hear his words as
I take my final breath today


“I’ll meet you higher
Daddy, wait for me
Higher,Our souls will be free
Higher, then you will see
When we’re higher our love will always be”

No comments:

Post a Comment